Caminemos Juntos2013 | Design research | Morgan Marzec, Tina L. Zeng, Kevin, Marlon, Lorenzo
In response to misconceptions about homelessness in Los Angeles, youth from Jovenes co-lead this storytelling initiative by writing about their struggles, goals and perspectives. In an 8-week partnership, contributors Kevin, Marlon, and Lorenzo embarked on art, writing, rapping, and photography exercises, unltimately developing a song. Presented as a gallery exhibition, Caminemos Juntos showcased their song along with images, lyrics, and interactive video.
Press & Media
- Participatory Visual and Digital Research in Action. Left Coast Press, 2015. - "Caminemos Juntos: Collaboration, Ethnography and Design in Northeast Los Angeles."
- Technology, Design, and New Media in Ethnographic Engagement, Society for Applied Anthropology 2014 Annual Conference
- Design Ignites Change Awards Entry
- Roads We Walk: Jovenes Inc and Art Center College of Design
- Step in to the shoes of homeless youth with Media Design Practices